For the technical details, I'm using the NOLS Cookery book as a guide for caloric intake.
|Oh, Chia Bars, Bumble Bars, Juno Bars, and Odwalla Bars are my favorite!! |
I purchased a lot of them in advance and am fortunate to have no more than 3-bars of each flavor.
Outside of packing boxes, I worked through some of my final details w/JC. That was actually what made me the most nervous. The most amazing things in my life would not be possible without the unwavering support of my husband. It's taken a lot of courage for me to leave the safety of engineering over the past few years - it has also taken a lot of strength on my husband's part to hold to his own goals and dreams while allowing me to disrupt our shared life.
Friends ask if I'm excited fairly often right now, and, yeah, of course I am! I am also going through waves of apprehension, and a bit of fear, too, though. This is a huge endeavor to take on and I don't think any of us can wrap our brains around how much my world is going to change. So, yeah, I'm excited but I am also aware that there are going to be some growing pains. What I'm fortunate for are years of athletic practice in regards to mental toughness. In triathlon, we spend 6+ months building both our bodies AND our minds towards a single goal of completing something amazing. So, yeah, I've made some hiking mantras and I've been visualizing segments and reaching mid-points as well as Manning Park. Oh, and I've tried to think of how it'll feel to hit WA (my home state) but not be home yet.
Looking ahead, here is what I think I'll miss (not in a particular order):
- JC. Hands down I will miss my husband more than anything else in my life.
|I should finish my lil hike on our 6th anniversary.|
- My pups. It's a comfort to know my husband will keep my pups safe, but my border collie is a one-person dog - I'm her person. I try not to think of her reaction to me leaving her for the first real time in 7-years.
|Melts my heart.|
- My sonicare vibrating toothbrush (I kid you not - I value dental health)
- My foam pillow (luv me some good sleep)
- My Patagouchi Green Fleece (I might still have it sent to me)
- My iMac - I am not looking forward to organizing 4+ months of photos when I get home
- My own bed, a convenient shower, and my washing machine & dryer
I'll look forward to updating you on how this list really plays out when I get home. I think my top two will be the exact same... but the lesser items will likely change.
T-9 Days till This Little Engineer is out on the PCT!!